Sunshed 8 x 8 Garden Shed
this 8 x 8 garden shed may be used as a backyard greenhouse, hobby house, pool house, or storage she, you decide! With a handy workbench and loads of natural light, our 8 ft. x 8 ft. Sunshed Garden Shed is the perfect outdoor building.
This backyard garden shed features a panelized wall and roof design manufactured with OLT’s proprietary cedar lap wall siding and roof shingles. This design offer strength and durability and most importantly, ease of assembly. Installation is easy and safe and requires no dangerous, time consuming cutting – simply screw or nail components together with the supplied hardware.
-The 31 in. wide Dutch Door (2 pieces) gives the shed a charming look while providing additional functionality for you. The shed is 384 cu. ft.
-One side of the roof utilizes a 6mm thick twin wall Polygal panel that is translucent, allowing filtered light to pour in.
-Because the shed is panelized, the walls, windows, door, and roof can be orientated in several different configurations to best fit your situation.
Assembly takes two to three days to complete with a helper and the kit includes a detailed homeowner’s assembly manual. Weekend and evening assembly assistance is available through our toll free customer support line.
- Assembled dimensions: 110 in. W x 99 in. D x 115 in. H
- Floor Footprint = 96 in. W x 91 in. D
- Western Red Cedar construction for durability, strength and beauty
- 384 cu. ft. storage capacity
- Precut assembly pieces – no time-consuming, dangerous cutting required
- Floor included (2 ft. x 4 ft. cedar joists and floor runners and 5/8 in. thick precut plywood for your convenience)
- Panelized wall and roof design features OLT’s proprietary cedar lap siding and shingles
- Roof panels come with pre-attached Western Red Cedar shingles for ease of assembly
- 6 mm thick twin wall Polygal polycarbonate translucent roof panels allow filtered light in – polygal panel R-Value is 1.53
- 16 in. deep L-shaped full-wall workbench provides a great workspace
- 31 in. wide Dutch Door (top and bottom) provides additional functionality and a charming look
- Six functional aluminum windows with screens and locks
- Four flower boxes for underneath windows provide added charm
- Walls, windows, door, and roof can all be orientated in different configurations to suite your needs
- Foundation material not included in kit – we recommend preparing your foundation prior to the shed’s arrival
- Assembly time is approximately 2-3 days for two people depending on level of experience
- Product ships unstained and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look
Local handyman/carpenter is a good source for assembly help. we can provide names if you want for your area.
Made and shipped in North America, sheds are designed to withstand almost any type of weather conditions.
No cutting required
Flexible shed window & door panel placement
Manageable shed wall panel sizes
Shingles already attached to shed roof panels
- Purchaser will be expected to cut metal strapping securing product to the pallet, therefore the use of wire cutters is required.
- It is strongly recommended that the Purchaser have at least two assistants to help offload freight from the truck.
- Liftgate service is available for $75.00 if needed. please contact us if you would like a liftgate.
- Purchasers should be aware that although total freight could be over 3000 lbs, units will be offloaded one piece at a time with individual pieces and components ranging between 1-100 lbs that should be manageable in most situations.
- Purchaser will be given a reasonable time frame to unload freight from the delivering freight carrier vehicle, ranging between 10-30 minutes.
- Purchaser agrees to accept all financial responsibility for rerouting costs if the ship-to location is changed after the product is shipped from our premises.
Please note that certain counties and municipalities require building permits prior to installation. We recommend to all consumers that they check with their local county/municipality for these specifics prior to purchasing any of our products since this is your sole responsibility.
- Prior to the product arriving, clear the construction area. Remove all debris; roots, grass, rocks, etc. Make sure the ground slopes away from the site at least 10 feet in all directions.
- If necessary, build up the soil in the center of the site and slope away for the high point to provide drainage. Fill in any low spots within the perimeter of the site. A slope of 1/8 inch per foot is enough to prevent water accumulation.
- We recommend excavating the site 4 inches deep and laying gravel or crushed rock where drainage may be a concern.
Patio Stone Foundation:
- If the ground is stable and has sufficient drainage, you can set patio stones directly on firm compacted soil. If not, lay on gravel or crushed rock.
- Most of our Sheds include Floors with Runners that will sit directly on Patio Stones.
4×4 Pressure Treated Beam Foundation:
- You can build directly on pressure-treated beams or railroad ties laid on a properly prepared construction site. Run beams perpendicular to floor joists.
- Use a 2×4 straight piece of lumber on edge and a carpenter’s level to position correctly. To prevent the beams from shifting, secure them with ½ inch rebar inserted through holes drilled in the beams and driven 3 to 4 feet into the ground. Leave each side or end of the foundation open to promote drainage and air circulation beneath the floor.
Concrete Slab Foundation:
- Typically a slab 3-4 inches thick laid over a sub-base of 4 inches of gravel or crushed rock is sufficient but may vary depending on your geographic location. Using either mix your own concrete or having it delivered by truck, ready to pour, depends on how much time and effort you have to dedicate to the project.
- In any event, make sure you excavate the slab area to a depth 6 inches. This would put the finished slab surface approximately 2 inches above ground (remember you will be using 4 inches of gravel as your sub-base).
Purchaser must inspect freight prior to unloading and document any damage prior to signing the Shipping Document “BILL OF LADING or DELIVERY RECEIPT” provided by the delivering carrier. Please ensure that you mark “DAMAGED” on these documents before signing for the delivery. The manufacture will replace any damaged pieces.
1 year warranty
Free shipping lower 48 US states
Ships in 4 -5 business days.
Freight company will call you to set up a delivery appointment to your home.