Outdoor Living Penthouse Garden Shed 9 x 9
The Outdoor Living 9 ft. x 9 ft. Penthouse Garden Shed is so much more than a shed. This beautiful 5 sided shed structure can serve as an outdoor dining room, a poolside cabana or a fun backyard retreat for you or the kids. Whatever you choose, the quality features of the Penthouse can accommodate. Made with attractive, sturdy and beautiful Western Red Cedar, known for its natural durability to the elements, means it will remain an attractive feature in your backyard for many years to come.
The unique five sided design allows you to place the unit in a corner so you can utilize your outdoor living space to the max!
2 Functional Windows with Screens
• 52” Wide French Doors
• Precut Floor Included
• Western Red Cedar Construction
• 2 Flower Boxes•Lap Sided Cedar Wall Panels
• Cedar Roof with Shingles Already Attached
•Panelized For Quick Assembly• Hardware Included (screws and nails)
Overall Width Incl. Roof Overhang = 172”
Overall Depth Incl. Roof Overhang = 129”
Overall Height Incl. Floor & Roof = 110”
Outside Rear Wall Width = 113”
Outside Front Wall Width = 79”
Front Side Wall Width = 56”
Interior Height from floor = 97”
Window Size = 18 1/4” W x 22 1/2” H
Door Dimensions = 52” W x 72” H
Western Red Cedar is less susceptible to moisture, insect damage and fungi growth. Cedar is also water damage resistant and can successfully weather long periods of heavy rain and other weather extremes such as snow, hail and strong winds.
Installation is safe and easy thanks to the shed’s panelized Western Red Cedar wall and roof design.
Some components are pre-drilled
Kits ship in finished components
Wall siding and roof shingles already assembled
No dangerous and time consuming cutting
No wasted time going to the hardware store
Manageable wall, roof and floor panel sizes
Flexible window and door placement
Limited building experience required
Shipping Pkg #1 Size: 88”w x 52”d x 34”h Shipping Pkg #2 Size: 96”w x 48”d x 21”h
Shipping Weight: = 1575 lbs
Ships directly to your home or business from the manufacture, Outdoor Living Today. The average lead time is 2-3 weeks from time of order to delivery
The Purchaser will be expected to cut the strapping holding freight together. It is strongly
recommended that the Purchaser have at least 1 -2 assistants to help with cutting the straps and inspect the pieces.
Although total freight could be over 2000 lbs., units come in panels and pieces and can be broken down into
smaller and more manageable pieces weighing as much as 75 lbs. Purchaser will be given a reasonable time frame to inspect ranging from 15-30 minutes. Check for corner damages, wood chips, sharp cuts and gouges in the product and if the pallet is broken. The Purchaser is expected to document any damage on the paperwork provided by the delivering carrier.
Occasionally the driver will be in a rush and want you to sign quickly. It is your right to take a few minutes to inspect the freight, do not sign until inspected.
The manufacture Outdoor Living Today will replace any damaged pieces. - In the event of a customer receiving a broken piece or a part is missing, please call the Dealer - Northern Creek 507-381-4518
or Outdoor Living Today’s Customer Support Line 1-888-658-1658 within 30 days of the delivery
Please note that certain counties and municipalities require building permits prior to installation.
- Prior to the product arriving, clear the construction area. Make sure the ground slopes away from the site at least 10 feet in all directions.
- If necessary, build up the soil in the center of the site and slope away for the high point to provide drainage. Fill in any low spots within the perimeter of the site. A slope of 1/8 inch per foot is enough to prevent water accumulation.
- We recommend excavating the site 4 inches deep and laying gravel or crushed rock where drainage may be a concern.
Patio Stone Foundation:
- If the ground is stable and has sufficient drainage, you can set patio stones directly on firm compacted soil. If not, lay on gravel or crushed rock.
- Most of the Outdoor Living sheds and playhouses include floors with runners that will sit directly on Patio Stones.
4×4 Pressure Treated Beam Foundation:
- You can build directly on pressure-treated beams or railroad ties laid on a properly prepared construction site. Run beams perpendicular to floor joists.
- Use a 2×4 straight piece of lumber on edge and a carpenter’s level to position correctly. To prevent the beams from shifting, secure them with ½ inch rebar inserted through holes drilled in the beams and driven 3 to 4 feet into the ground. Leave each side or end of the foundation open to promote drainage and air circulation beneath the floor.
Concrete -Slab Foundation:
- Typically, a slab 3-4 inches thick laid over a sub-base of 4 inches of gravel or crushed rock is sufficient but may vary depending on your geographic location. Using either mix your own concrete or having it delivered by truck, ready to pour, depends on how much time and effort you have to dedicate to the project.
- In any event, make sure you excavate the slab area to a depth 6 inches. This would put the finished slab surface approximately 2 inches above ground (remember you will be using 4 inches of gravel as your sub-base).